Under the brown fog of a winter dawn

I was in Kiev and L'viv last month to give a talk in a couple of local galleries. Despite only being there for a matter of days I got to see a great deal of the country, taking a day to drive between the two cities.

I've always been a fan of long journeys, something about delayed pleasure and the oddness of taking longer to reach a UK seaside resort for a childhood holiday than it would take to come to a more exotic destination.

The Ukraine is a beautiful and fascinating country, peopled with a humblingly intelligent and politically engaged young community of artists and thinkers.

I hope I get to go there again sometime.

These images are of neither Kiev or L'viv - but of the road in between. This is exactly as I remember it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts